St Elizabeth the New Martyr Parish Health Ministry
The St. Elizabeth Parish Health Committee helps parishioners with both physical and spiritual health concerns.
Here are some of the team’s activities:
Prayer and Unction
- Members of the intercessory prayer group pray individually for people whose names are placed in the box in the narthex.
- Prayer sheets are distributed each month to encourage prayer for fellow parishioners, with names of parishioners in rotation and those with special needs and celebrations.
- Unction is offered after vespers on the Second Saturday of the month.
- Blood pressure screening is held after Divine Liturgy every 5th Sunday.
- Providing food for people who are ill/post-surgery, etc.
- Rides to church
- Card ministry
- Prayer shawl ministry
End of Life Planning
We offer occasional programs highlighting medical, religious, and practical issues in planning for death.
How to Help
For more information about the St. Elizabeth Pastoral Care Team and to learn how to help, click to download a brochure.