A parish of the Orthodox Church in America
A parish of the Diocese of the West of the Orthodox Church in America, Portland, Oregon
Our parish practices social distancing. We limit the number of people who attend services, in accordance with instructions from our bishop and government agencies. We maintain six feet of distance between people inside the church and require masks inside.
If you want to attend Liturgy, send an email to email@example.com with information about which services you might wish to attend. An email goes out weekly with a link to a form for a limited number of people to sign up to attend Sunday Liturgy or post-Liturgy Communion for people who don’t attend Liturgy.
Prayers, readings, and related resources related to the coronavirus pandemic and quarantine are available from the Orthodox Church in America.
Streaming Liturgy Videos
Watch the most recent service here, or visit our Streaming Liturgy Videos page for others over the past month.
Matins and Liturgy, Sunday of St Mary of Egypt
The St. Nicholas Lenten Charity Appeal this year will support both an international and a local charity. The international mission is the Gobezie-Goshu Home, and the local collection will go to Portland Rescue Mission. Gobezie-Goshu Home is a ministry to help the abandoned and destitute elderly, the disabled, and the children of Adwa, Ethiopia. This …
Lenten Charity Collection
Regular weekly schedule*
6 p.m. Great Vespers
8:30 a.m. Matins
9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy
6 p.m. Vespers
6 p.m. Vespers
*This is the usual schedule. Check the calendar for changes.
Pascha Schedule Notes
Because of the pandemic, this year the participation in the Paschal services is open only to a limited number of people who have signed up for the services. There will be no communal meals after the services. The blessing of the Paschal baskets will be done outside the church after Saturday Vesperal Liturgy (around 1:30 p.m.), Paschal Resurrection Vigil (around 2 a.m.), Sunday Divine Liturgy (around 11:30 a.m.), and Sunday Agape Vespers (around 2 p.m.)
В связи с пандемией, в этом году принять участие в пасхальных богослужениях сможет только ограниченное число человек, заранее записавшихся на службу. Праздничные трапезы после богослужений в этом году проводиться не будут. Освящение куличей и яиц будет проводиться на улице возле храма после субботней литургии (около 13:30), ночной службы (около 2:00 ночи), воскресной литургии (около 11:30) и воскресной вечерни (около 14:00).
Confessions (social-distanced with masks). Before or after Vespers, Saturday evenings, before Presanctified Liturgies (5 p.m.) or during the week by appointment or by phone. Please email or call Fr. John to make arrangements for this.
April 18, 2021
St. Mary of Egypt (Fifth Sunday of Lent)— Tone 4
Ven. John, disciple of Ven. Gregory of Decapolis (9th c.)
- April 19 — 7 p.m. Holy Unction (New day/time), Youth Zoom meeting
- April 20 — 7 p.m. Choir rehearsal
- April 21 — 6 p.m. Presanctified Liturgy
- April 22 — 7 p.m. Choir rehearsal
- April 23 — 6 p.m. Presanctified liturgy
- April 24 — Lazarus Saturday 8:30 a.m. Matins, 9:30 a.m. Liturgy; 6 p.m. Vigil for Palm Sunday
- April 25 — Palm Sunday 9:10 a.m. Hours, 9:30 a.m. Liturgy; 7 p.m. Bridegroom Matins
- April 26 — 7 p.m. Bridegroom Matins
- April 27 — 7 p.m. Bridegroom Matins
- April 28 — 6 p.m. last confessions before Pascha; 7 p.m. Bridegroom Matins
- April 29 — 11 a.m. Vesperal Liturgy; 7 p.m. Passion Vigil
- April 30 — Holy Friday 8:30 a.m. Royal Hours, Time changed; 1 p.m. Vespers; 7 p.m. Lamentations Vigil
- May 1 — Holy Saturday 11 a.m. Vesperal Liturgy; 11 p.m. Paschal Resurrection Vigil
- May 2 — Pascha Sunday! Second Pascha Liturgy 10 a.m. ; 1 p.m. Agape Vespers
- May 3 — Bright Monday 9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy