A parish of the Orthodox Church in America
A parish of the Diocese of the West of the Orthodox Church in America, Portland, Oregon
Returning to Normal
Due to the expectation that most restrictions will be dropped within the next two to three weeks, we will discontinue the sign-up process at the end of June 2021. We will no longer offer Post-Liturgy Communion then as well.
Until the end of June, if you want to attend Liturgy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about which services you might wish to attend.
There is no longer a signup for people to receive post-Liturgy Communion. For the remainder of June, if you are desiring and are prepared to receive the Eucharist and were not able to sign up to attend the Liturgy, please come as close to the end of the Liturgy as you can to receive. This way, you will be able to attend coffee hour also.
Starting In July we anticipate not having any more restrictions on attendance, distancing, or masking. Also, the normal veneration of icons, the Cross, etc., should begin again, as this also is important to our faith. The State of Oregon says it will drop restrictions possibly on or near June 21.
If you wish to continue to wear a mask, you are welcome to do so. Also, for a while, if the weather cooperates, we will continue to set up a speaker outside the church on the south side during Liturgy, so that those who may not have been able to sign up, or those who may not yet feel comfortable attending inside can follow along with the service.
We have begun offering a modest coffee hour (in person!) after the liturgy. There is a small group of people who have said they want to be involved in this. Please contact Janet Frazier if you wish to help with this in some way.
For Pentecost (and Father’s Day), June 20, 2021, we are planning a hotdog feast after Liturgy and Kneeling Prayers.
Prayers, readings, and related resources related to the coronavirus pandemic and quarantine are available from the Orthodox Church in America.
Red Cross Blood Drive
Friday, July 9, 2021
To schedule your appointment or for more information, please call (800) RED-CROSS
Or to schedule online go to Red Cross online scheduling, sponsor code: StNicholasPDX
Regular weekly schedule*
6 p.m. Great Vespers
8:30 a.m. Matins
9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy
6 p.m. Vespers
6 p.m. Vespers
*This is the usual schedule. Check the calendar for changes.
Blind Man. Ven. Bessarion, Wonderworker of Egypt (4th-5th c.).
Our Schedule this Week
- Monday, June 7 — Parish Council meeting 6:30 p.m.; youth Zoom meeting 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 9 — Vigil 6 p.m.
- Thursday, June 10 — Feast of Ascension Hours and Liturgy 9:10 a.m.
- Friday, June 11 — Our first service of the Akathist to St. Nicholas 6 p.m. After this month, we plan to serve this Akathist every second Wednesday evening. /li>
Subject to change based on feasts, etc.
- Wednesday, June 16 — Vespers 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 18 — Vespers 6 p.m.
- Sunday June 20 — Pentecost Matins, Liturgy, and Vespers with Kneeling Prayers 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, June 21 — youth Zoom meeting 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 23 — Akathist to the Mother of God 6 p.m.
- Friday, June 25 — Vespers 6 p.m.
- Monday, June 28 — Sts. Peter and Paul Fast (one day), Vigil for Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 29 — Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul Hours and Liturgy 9:10 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 30 — Vespers 6 p.m.
- Thursday, July 1 — Great Vespers for St. John Maximovitch, 6 p.m.
- Friday, July 2 — Feast of St. John Maximovitch — Hours and Liturgy 9:10 a.m.; Vespers 6 p.m.
See the online calendar for further details.