Works of the people are the regular duties that keep the parish functioning. During the COVID situation, volunteers serve to host at Liturgies and to keep the church clean. Here’s what those jobs entail:
At each Liturgy, a host greets people who are arriving and make sure our safety precautions are being observed.
During the Service
- Arrive at 9 a.m. for Sunday Liturgy.
- Make certain people are wearing masks and that the masks cover their mouths and noses.
- Check the temperature of each person entering and ask them to leave if their temperature is over 100 degrees. Offer the hand sanitizer.
- Mark off names on the list of reservations.
- Tell families they are encouraged to sit together and may move chairs to accommodate their group.
After the Service
- Use a sanitizing sheet to wipe down the metal parts of all the chairs, as well as the table, the thermometer, and the door handles.
- Block the door open for people coming for post-liturgy Communion to enter in without touching the door. (We do not need to check temperatures for people coming to Communion after the Liturgy.)
- Move the chairs back to where they were when the service started, six feet apart.
Choir members clean their own stands and chairs.
After Liturgy, the person cleaning the church will —
- Vacuum and sweep or mop the floors.
- Remove the votive candles and replace the small tea-light-size candles.
Schedule for cleaning: You may clean between Liturgy and post-Liturgy Communion if time allows or after everyone has received Communion. Alternatively, you may schedule a time with Father John to clean later in the week.
Opportunities to Help
Use this signup sheet to help with Sunday greeting, coffee hour, church cleanup, and other regular parish tasks.